Greek Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese Recipe
May 20th, 2015 | by Dominica
While talking about Greek recipes, how can we forget fish? This delicious, yet very easy shrimp recipe is favored by many people and a great addition to your dinner recipes. This low fat recipe would make an excellent starter for your guests or you can have it for lunch or dinner.
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 2 lbs large shrimp
- 1 average size onion, chopped
- 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 cups of peeled and sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine (otherwise you can use 1/2 cup of non-alcoholic wine)
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley leaf
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounce of feta cheese (fat free preferable)
- First, pre-heat oven at 450 degrees.
- Remove the shells and vein carefully from the shrimp. Keep the tail intact. Rinse well and dry.
- Pour some oil in a pan and sauté the onions until they turn light brown. You can add few drops of water if you wish. Then add green onion and garlic in the same pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato slices, half of the parsley, wine, pepper, oregano, and salt.
- Reduce the flame, cover the pan and simmer for half an hour until the mixture thickens.
- Pour half of the sauce into a shallow casserole and arrange the shrimp on the top of it.
- Pour the remaining sauce on the shrimp and sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over it.
- Bake the whole thing at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish the dish with remaining chopped parsley.
Try this delicious Greek recipe the next time you are in the mood for some seafood.