Low-Fat Yummy Greek Salad
May 19th, 2015 | by admin
Scientific research suggests that Asian and Mediterranean people enjoy good health and long life as compared to people from other countries. The secret is their laid-back attitude towards life and inclusion of healthy and a wide range of ingredients in their regular diet. Here is a health Greek salad recipe that will certainly win over your friends and family.
Low-Fat Yummy Greek Salad (Serves 6)
A wonderful mix of colorful vegetables and dressing, this low-fat salad is just perfect if you want to treat your taste buds without adding extra calories to your weight. This recipe is also a good breakfast replacement for weight watchers and people suffering from diabetes and heart conditions.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 black Greek Olives, pitted and sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Take a shallow salad bowl or a serving platter.
2) Combine the finely chopped cucumber and tomatoes and squared onion. You can use two small green onions in place of one big red onion to add more freshness to the recipe.
3) Sprinkle oregano and lemon juice.
4) Add olive oil and mix slowly.
5) Add pepper and salt and evenly mix all the ingredients so that the juices from the vegetables mix properly with the seasonings.
6) Finally, sprinkle the olives and the crumbled feta cheese and serve.
Note: Always prepare this salad few minutes prior to serving to retain the crunchiness and freshness of the vegetables.