Tasty Ground Beef Greek Gyros Recipe
May 26th, 2015 | by Dominica
Greek cuisine is a Mediterranean cuisine which uses olive oil, cheese, meat, fish, oregano, yogurt, and various green vegetables in a rich quantity. Greek recipes are loved by food lovers across the world. Its freshness, simplicity, and richness are just incredible. Here we offer you two scrumptious, yet easy to cook Greek recipes.
If you are Greek food connoisseur and love sandwiches, you must try this scrumptious Greek recipe. Gyros are a great summer preparation and taste wonderful. They feel more refreshing and authentic when served with yogurt cucumber sauce.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cook time: 12 min
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 pound grounded beef (you can use ground turkey also)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 pita breads (Halved and warm)
- 3 cups of shredded lettuce
- 1 big tomato finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely slicedMethod:
- Take a bowl and mix well all the first five ingredients-yogurt, chopped cucumber, minced garlic, chopped onion, and sugar. Cover it and keep to refrigerate.
- Take another bowl and mix ground beef and all the seasonings: oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Shape into four patties using your hand
- Grill them over medium to high heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until the meat is cooked on one side. Then turn the patties. You can also use a toaster oven to cook the meat.
- Cut the cooked patties into thin slices and put them into pita breads.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and onions.
Serve this superb Greek recipe dish with the chilled yogurt cucumber sauce.